you are here: Home » Who Should Attend? » FAQs
eligible for the ECN programme?
- Applicants are eligible if they hold a Bachelor degree, or equivalent, in biology,
chemistry, medicine, psychology, or a closely related subject area. Also
eligible to apply are students in the final year of their Bachelor, provided
that the degree will be conferred prior to the MSc enrolment date. German applicants who do not hold a Bachelor degree must have successfully
completed the "Vordiplom" or "Physikum" examinations in one of the subjects
specified above, and must have completed two semesters of advanced-level courses
("Hauptstudium") by the date of enrolment in the MSc programme.
What is the next application deadline for the ECN programme?
- Early application January 31st / late application March 15th
What is the duration of the ECN programme?
- Three semesters (each semester
lasts 6 months).
does the new ECN Programme start?
- The ECN programme starts each year in September.
How many students will be selected for the programme per year?
- Up to a maximum of 20 students.
What is the language of instruction?
What are the English language requirements?
who are not native speakers of the English language must demonstrate English
proficiency by obtaining acceptable results in an internationally recognized
test (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, APIEL, CPE). Proof of higher education in English or
of residence in an English-speaking country for a reasonable length of time may
also be acceptable upon the decision of the Admissions Committee. Language
skills may also be evaluated during the personal interviews of selected
candidates, see » Application & Enrolment.
Are there German language requirements?
- There are no German language requirements. However, a German course will be offered to
students of the ECN Programme.
Is there an age limit for the application?
- The applicants' age should not exceed 26 years upon enrolment. Exceptions are
possible only under particular circumstances, upon the decision of the
Are there tuition fees?
- Yes, 500 Euro per semester.
Where can I find the application forms?
- There are no official application forms, please send the required documents in paper form by mail as listed under » Application & Enrolment
To whom should I submit my application documents?
- Prof. Dr. Inga D. Neumann
University of Regensburg
Do I have to submit original
documents for the application?
- Copies are sufficient, however, at the
enrolment, original documents are necessary.
Where can I find the examination
Is the ECN Programme officially registered?
ECN Programme is a registered member of the Network of European Neuroscience
see: Federation of European Neuroscience Societies. The NENS was founded in
2003 and represents over 130 european graduate schools and programmes.
Membership of NENS helps to ensure high quality standards across programmes and
also provides a number of benefits for students within registered programmes
including training stipends and participation in annual meetings.
How can I organize housing, visa application, bank account, health insurance and immigration?
- After acceptance to the ECN Programme,
you will receive all necessary information about registration at the University
of Regensburg, housing, visa application, bank account, health insurance and
immigration. Please contact the student counsellor for any further questions: