HOW TO REACH OUR INSTITUTE
Some basic information...
Regensburg is located in Germany's southern federal state Bavaria and is the capital of the region / county Oberpfalz.
First known as "RADASBONA" or "RATISBONA" - a Celtic settlement.
Later known as "CASTRA REGINA" - a camp of a Roman legion, which was completed 179 b.c.
University town, historic town centre with cathedral and the more than 800 years old Stone Bridge
For further information see:
And now the way to our institute:
IF YOU ARRIVE BY PLANE:
The closest German airports are
· München (Munich) - distance 132 km, 1.5 hours by car,
· Nürnberg (Nuremberg) - distance 124 km, 1.5 hours by car,
· Frankfurt (Francfort on the Main) - distance 345 km, 3.5 hours by car.
· There are many connecting flights between Francfort (Frankfurt) Airport, Nuernberg Airport and Munich Airport. For connections with Munich airport, please consult: http://www.munich-airport.de/en
IF YOU ARRIVE BY TRAIN:
· Trains to Regensburg run on a regular basis from Francfort (about 3.5 h) via Wuerzburg, Nuernberg (1 h) and from Munich (about 1.5 h).
· You can reach Regensburg with trains on the international routes:
Amsterdam/Brüssel – Wien – Budapest
Zürich/Paris – Prag
and on the national routes from:
Berlin/Dresden, Hamburg/Hannover, Dortmund/Köln, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe/Stuttgart and München
· When you arrive at Regensburg central station (“Hauptbahnhof”) take a taxi to the Chemistry Department at the University (about 7 min) and, once arrived, follow the instructions given for the arrival by car, or call us (00 49 941 943 4044) and we will pick you up.
· For convenient rail connections please consult (in English): http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
IF YOU ARRIVE BY CAR: