Go to content
Sprache ändern Selected language is English
UR Home

Visa / Residence Permit

Visa and Residence Permit

(if necessary)

European citizens as well as those from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Israel, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Brazil, San Marino, Honduras, El Salvador, Andorra and Monaco do not need a visa!

110531 Internationaler Tag Sg _71_ Exchange students who come from other countries need to apply for a "student visa" at a German consulate or embassy in their home country.

Your student visa must be converted into a residence permit within the first three months of your arrival. Please contact the Immigration Office in Regensburg for this matter.

Do not enter Germany as a tourist! Once you have entered the country, your tourist visa cannot be converted into a student visa.

Please make sure that your passport is valid for your whole stay in Germany.

  1. UR International

Exchange Students - Coordinator

Christine Betzner