Call for Papers and Invitation
From September 18 - 20, 2012, the University of Regensburg is holding the first international bibliometrics conference and trade fair “Bibliometrics 2012” with a special focus on the humanities and social sciences.
Bibliometrics and rankings have become central topics in every scientific community. Scientists, heads of institutes, rectors, presidents, chancellors and decision-makers rely on key quantitative figures for successfully executing their tasks. Therefore, the quantification of scientific output has become a crucial question within the field of scientific management. Whereas a myriad of useful indicators have already been developed in sciences and medicine, and a reliable corpus of data is available in these fields, the situation in the humanities and social sciences is completely different. Due to a heterogeneous publication culture and a lack of data base, bibliometrics is still at its very beginning in these disciplines.
Topics of the Conference
Please submit contributions on the following key topics of the conference:
- Suitable data bases for different disciplines
- Bibliometics for monographs
- Availability of data in particular fields in the sciences, humanities and social sciences
- New indicators and methods of measuring impacts and methods: The second generation of bibliometric indicators
- The application of bibliometrics for evaluations - possibilities and limits of multidisciplinary evaluations: Emphasis on the humanities and social sciences.
- Bibliometrics in the arts
- The interplay of bibliometric indicators and other key figures
- The development of bibliometrics: a compilation and monitoring of trends and latest topics of research
- Bibliometrics in the Internet age, electronic publishing and Open Access
- Text- and data mining in bibliometrics
- The necessity of standards in bibliometrics
Submission of Presentations
All submissions for Bibliometrics2012 are expected to showcase original research findings from a scientific or economic perspective. The submitted abstracts for presentations will be examined by the program’s committee.
Please submit your abstract (with a maximum of 3.000 characters) in German or English by May 31, 2012 to Bibliometrie@bibliothek.uni-regensburg.de.
You will be informed whether your abstract was accepted on June 15, 2012.
Authors of accepted papers will have to register by June 30, 2012.
In addition, you will have the chance to present your own project and/or to advertise service offerings with posters. For the latter, a call for posters will be published.
Deadline for Submission Call for Posters: June 15, 2012.
The fully formulated submissions will be electronically published by the University Library in a proceedings volume. The deadline for submission is October 15, 2012. Early submissions will be accessible online within the ongoing publishing process deadlines.
Contact Person and Deadlines
|Contact Person:||Dr. Rafael Ball |
University of Regensburg, Library
Tel.: + 49 941 943-3900
E-Mail: Rafael.Ball@bibliothek.uni-regensburg.de or
|Time of Presentation:||30 minutes (this includes the discussion)|
|Conference Language:||German (English presentations are welcome)|
Submission of Abstracts: May 31, 2012
Notification of Acceptance: June 15, 2012
Submission of the Fully Formulated Article: October 15, 2012; Early submissions will be immediately incorporated into the electronic proceedings volume.
Deadlines Call for Posters
Submission: Juni 15, 2012