Go to content
Sprache ändern Selected language is English
UR Home

Seeing a Doctor

For emergencies (if you cannot go to the doctor on your own), dial 112 for emergency medical services.

Where can you find a doctor?

If you need to see a doctor during the day you need to see your general practitioner. If you have not yet been to a doctor in Regensburg, you will find a list in the phone book under the letter ‘A' (Ärzte).

30br0031If you need a doctor outside the regular office hours, you can call the number of the "Ärztlicher Bereitschaftsdienst": Tel. 116 117, (valid all over Germany and free).
If you urgently need a dentist on weekends, public holidays or during the night, you can call the "Zahnärztliche Notdienst im Universitätsklinikum" (Dental Emergency Service at the University Hospital), Tel. (0941) 944-0

What do you need to bring?

Students insured via the social security agreement need to bring their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). (You can get this from your insurance company in your home country).

Students who have taken out public health insurance in Germany need to bring the insurance card they received from that insurance company.

Students with private insurance need to bring corresponding proof of their insurance.

  1. UR International

International Degree Seeking Students

Elli Wunderlich
Wunderlich Quadratisch