- Business Process Innovation Award (BPM 2019)
- Best Paper Award, Int. Workshop on Emerging Computing Paradigms and Context in Business Process Management (CCBPM 2018)
- Best Paper Award, Int. Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS 2018)
- T-Systems Innovation Award (2012)
- Best Paper Award, 11th Int. Workshop on Enterprise & Organizational Modeling and Simulation (EOMAS 2015)
Stefan Schönig received both the Master degree (with honors) in Applied Computer Science (Engineering/Computer Science) and the doctoral degree from University of Bayreuth. Currently, he is Professor with the Institute of Management Information Systems at the University of Regensburg in Germany. Before, he held a position as a tenured assistant professor at University of Bayreuth. He was post doctoral researcher with the Institute for Information Business at WU Vienna (Vienna University of Economics and Business).
He has an established background in BPM/Process Mining and has been working in this field for over 8 years. He has participated in several industry projects that addressed process mining, process analysis, process monitoring and process intelligence. He published extensively in the research area of Business Process Management and Information Systems, both in international conferences and journals (e.g., BPM, CAiSE, BPMDS, ICSOC, DSS, SoSyM). He serves in several program committees, among others for EDOC, ENASE, BPM, BPMDS, and as a reviewer for journals (e.g. for DSS, SoSym, Internet Computing).