„Self Marketing“ – Entering the Job Market with a doctorate | A workshop on becoming your own marketing manager
To boost their chances on the job market, doctoral graduates should focus on their personal sales pitch ahead of applying for a job. Employers typically look for a variety of skills and the aim is to stand out of the crowd. It is essential for candidates to communicate effectively and to market their skills convincingly.
- What recruiters look for when interviewing doctoral researchers
- Understanding three important skills areas: science, professional experience and personality
- How to get people interested in my dissertation subject
- How to communicate my motivation and my enthusiasm
- What are my particular strengths as a doctoral graduate especially when it comes to professional experience?
- How to create an effective communications strategy
- How to decipher tricky interview questions in order to be able to answer them authentically
- Which questions should I ask to find out more about the job?