Physiology and patho-physiology of electrolyte transport in kidney, respiratory tract, and intestine.
Patho-physiology and molecular biology of polycystic kidney disease.
Patho-physiology and molecular biology of cystic fibrosis and other inflammatory airway diseases.
Development of novel ways for the treatment of asthma and cystic fibrosis lung disease. Exploring the possibility of targeting alternative ion channels.
Role of ion channels for cell proliferation and cancer.
Role of ion channels in inflammatory diseases.
Contribution of TMEM16 proteins to regulated cell death, e.g. ferroptosis, apoptosis, and pyroptosis.
- Open and short circuit measurements in Ussing chambers
- Patch clamp techniques in all applications
Fluorescence based techniques
- Immunostaining of cellular components, soluble and membrane proteins in Epithelial and non-epithelial cells
- Fluorescence ratio measurements of intracellular pH, Ca2+ and Cl-
- Confocal microscopy and video imaging
- Iodide quenching of YFP fluorescence in plate reader and single cell microscopy
Cell biological techniques
- Primary and permanent cell culture of epithelial and non-epithelial cells
- S2 techniques including viral transfection, infectious agents
- Cell tracking by HoloMonitor M4 Microscopy
- Casy flow cytometry
- Accury flow cytometry 4 wavelengths
- Reconstitution of membrane proteins in liposomes
Protein biochemistry & Molecular biology
- Western blotting
- Immunoprecipitation, coimmunoprecipitation
- DNA-cloning techniques
- site directed mutagenesis
- PCR - applications
- DNA sequencing
- siRNA techniques
- CRISPR-Cas technology
- In vivo and ex vivo animals studies
- Conventional and Cre/loxP knockout mice
- Inducible Cre/loxP knockout mice