Ongoing Science Projects
CARBON RISK REAL ESTATE MONITOR (CRREM)
With the EU-funded research project CRREM, it is possible to determine the greenhouse gas emissions of individual properties as well as entire portfolios. This allows them to be brought in line with the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement today and to avoid future regulatory risks. This is understood to mean, among other things, premature impairment due to changing market expectations.
CRREM aims to help the industry manage these risks and encourage investment in energy efficiency. This is to avoid many assets becoming so-called stranded assets that do not meet future energy efficiency standards and whose energy retrofits are not financially viable.
Further information can be found here.
SACRED SPACE TRANSFORMATION. FUNCTION AND USE OF RELIGIOUS PLACES IN GERMANY (DFG)
Against the background of declining church membership, sacred buildings are increasingly being sold, converted or demolished. Against this background, a new research group at the University of Excellence in Bonn is developing a practice-relevant "theory of sacred space" in the 21st century.
The Competence Center for Sustainability in the Real Estate Industry is involved with the sub-project "Real Estate Implications of Sacred Space Transformation: Solution Approaches in the Context of Market Demands and Intangible Appreciation". The German Research Foundation (DFG) is funding the project with 2.5 million euros.
Further info at http://transara.de
Completed Science Projects
- Bundesverband deutscher Wohnungs- und Immobilienunternehmen (GdW) and Verband für Dämmsysteme, Putz und Mörtel e.V.: Study on the climate neutrality of rented apartment buildings.
You can download the complete study here (German).
- Real Estate Report Regensburg 2020 (Sparkasse Regensburg). You can download the full report here.
- New Urban Housing in Munich (Bayerische Hausbau)
- Scientific plausibility check regarding the calculated public funding gap to achieve the climate targets by energetic building refurbishment in rental housing (GDW). You can view the study here.
- RentalCal - Incentives through Transparency: European Rental Housing Framework for Profitability Calculation of Energetic Retrofitting Investments (EU)
- Quantitative Risk Management in the Real Estate Industry (Deka Immobilien)
- Delivering Sustainable Value - Board effectiveness and corporate governance in European real estate companies (Heidrick & Struggles)
- Green added value in open-ended real estate funds (Union Investment)
- Green pay off for retail properties (Metro Properties)
- Metastudy - Yield versus sustainability (Deka Immobilien)
- ImmoRisk - Climate risks in the real estate industry (BBSR)
- Real Estate Report Regensburg 2015-2019 (Sparkasse Regensburg)
- Valuation of the church real estate portfolio
- Real estate management for social economy and church (both Protestant Church)
- CO2-neutral in cities and neighborhoods - the European and international perspective (BBSR)
- CSR Handbook for ZIA
- RECCIB - Real Estate Climate Change Impacts in Brazil (BMBF)
- Cooperation with the Green Rating Alliance GRA in the field of benchmarking