Regensburg Visiting Professors in World Englishes
Internationally renowned linguists have joined or will join us for a while as "Regensburg Visiting Professor in World Englishes" to teach courses to our students, give lectures, and discuss our shared research interests:
- Prof. Lionel Wee (Singapore), December 2011
- Prof. David Deterding (Universiti Brunei Darussalam), June and July 2010
- Prof. Laurie Bauer (Wellington, NZ), October and November 2009
- Prof. Allan Bell (Auckland, NZ), February to July 2009
- Prof. Allan Bell (Auckland, NZ), October and November 2006
- Profs. Jeff Siegel and Diana Eades (then Armidale/Australia, Hawai'i), June 2006
- Prof. Rajend Mesthrie (Cape Town), December 2005 and January 2006.
Graduate Seminars in English Linguistics
This ties in with earlier visits of leading American sociolinguists who taught a "Graduate Seminar in English Linguistics":
- Prof. Walt Wolfram (Raleigh, NC), September 1996
- Prof. Guy Bailey (then Memphis, TN), December 1993.
- Prof. Dr. Aloysius Ngefac (University of Yaounde I, Cameroon), July 2010 to January 2012