Since Monday, July 6, 2020, all reading rooms in the sub-libraries are open again for students and staff of the UR. In addition, new extended opening hours for the reading rooms Law, Economics and PT I and II apply as of 6 July 2020.
The General Reading Room in the Central Library will remain closed until further notice due to work on the ventilation system and other construction measures.
- lending desk in the Central Library: Monday - Friday, 10:00h to 18:00h
- textbook collection: Monday - Friday, 10:00h to 18:00h
- Reading Room Philosophicum 1 (PT 1): borrowing of reading room materials, Monday - Friday, 08:00h to 20:00h; use of reading places, Monday - Friday, 08:00h to 13:00h and 13:45h to 19:30h (only after prior booking*)
- Reading Room Philosophicum 2 (PT 2): borrowing of reading room materials, Monday - Friday, 08:00h to 20:00h; use of reading places, Monday - Friday, 08:30h to 13:30h and 14:15h to 19:45h (only after prior booking*)
- Reading Rooms Law 1 (Recht 1), Law 2 (Recht 2) and Economics (Wirtschaft): borrowing of reading room materials, Monday - Friday, 08:00h to 20:00h, use of reading places, Monday - Friday, 08:00h to 13:00h and 14:00h to 19:30h (only after prior booking*)
- Reading Room Medicine (only for members of the University Hospital (UKR)/medical students): Monday - Friday, 08:00h to 16:00h (borrowing and use of reading room spaces, no prior booking necessary, however the number of spaces is limited)
- Reading Rooms: Biology, Chemistry: Monday to Friday, 08:00h to 16:00h
- Reading Rooms: Mathematics, Sports: Monday to Friday, 08:00h to 12:00h
Access to the Sports Library via the emergency exit of the Reading Room (on the level of the Sports Parking Lot)
- Reading Room Physics: Monday to Friday, 12:00h to 16:00h
* For the use of reading places in the reading rooms PT1, PT2, as well as Law/Economics, you have to book your seats in advance: booking of seats in these reading rooms via LSF ("Platzbuchung in Lesesälen"). You can make your booking for the respective day on the day before until 14:00h.
No prior booking is required for the use of the reading places in the other reading rooms. Please note, however, that only a limited number of reading places are available in all reading rooms in accordance with current hygiene and safety guidelines.
The General Reading Room, the Manuscript Reading Room, the Information Centre, the Multimedia Centre and the group work rooms are still not open to the public.
More information: FAQ Ordering and borrowing
Please inform yourself regularly in our Corona-Updates about the resumption of operations, which must be carried out step by step due to ministerial requirements.
Information on dealing with the corona virus at the University of Regensburg