Leading the Leader: Lateral leadership with Bosses and Supervisors
On the first day of the workshop, participants are provided with a framework through which to assess their relationship with the supervisor, they identify realistic objectives that they wish to achieve, are introduced to a number of techniques to achieve these objectives and, finally, develop a plan to address outstanding issues they might have with their boss. On the second day of the workshop, participants meet the trainer through a series of one-to-one meetings. Within this context, they have the opportunity to discuss their specific situation, eventual challenges they are facing and possible ways forward to improve the relationship with their boss or address difficulties they might be experiencing with their supervisor.
- Responding to legitimate needs and interests while also achieving your own goals
- Chapman’s five languages of appreciation
- Cialdini’s six psychological principles of effective persuasion
- Achieving win-win solutions for both sides involved (Harvard negotiation method)
- Coming up with a plan to be later implemented to resolve ongoing problems
Trainer: Dr. Matteo Garavoglia
Application via GRIPS as of 17 Oct 2022 until 18 Dec 2022.