Call for Posters and Invitation
From September 18 - 20, 2012, the University of Regensburg is holding the first international bibliometrics conference and trade fair “Bibliometrics 2012” with a special focus on the humanities and social sciences.
Bibliometrics and rankings have become central topics in every scientific community. Scientists, heads of institutes, rectors, presidents, chancellors and decision-makers rely on key quantitative figures for successfully executing their tasks. Therefore, the quantification of scientific output has become a crucial question within the field of scientific management. Whereas a myriad of useful indicators have already been developed in sciences and medicine, and a reliable corpus of data is available in these fields, the situation in the humanities and social sciences is completely different. Due to a heterogeneous publication culture and a lack of data base, bibliometrics is still at its very beginning in these disciplines.
Topics of the Conference
Please submit contributions on the following key topics of the conference:
- Suitable data bases for different disciplines
- Bibliometics for monographs
- Availability of data in particular fields in the sciences, humanities and social sciences
- New indicators and methods of measuring impacts and methods: The second generation of bibliometric indicators
- The application of bibliometrics for evaluations - possibilities and limits of multidisciplinary evaluations: Emphasis on the humanities and social sciences.
- Bibliometrics in the arts
- The interplay of bibliometric indicators and other key figures
- The development of bibliometrics: a compilation and monitoring of trends and latest topics of research
- Bibliometrics in the Internet age, electronic publishing and Open Access
- Text- and data mining in bibliometrics
- The necessity of standards in bibliometrics
Submission of Posters
The submitted posters will be presented to our visitors during the postersession in September 19. The submitted posters will be included in our program.
Please submit your poster in German or English by June 15, 2012 to Bibliometrie@bibliothek.uni-regensburg.de.
You will be informed whether your poster was accepted on June 30, 2012.
Authors of accepted posters will have to register by July 10, 2012.
Deadline for Submission Call for Posters: June 30, 2012.
Contact Person and Deadlines
|Contact Person:||Dr. Rafael Ball |
University of Regensburg, Library
Tel.: + 49 941 943-3900
E-Mail: Rafael.Ball@bibliothek.uni-regensburg.de or
|Poster size:||max. DIN A0|
|Conference Language:||German (English posters are welcome)|
Submission of Posters: June 15, 2012
Notification of Acceptance: June 30, 2012
Postersession: September 19, 2012