Using a strip of porous membrane material as a platform, we can employ our liposome technology in the detection of target analytes in a lateral flow assay format. This format lends itself for inexpensive, rapid and extremely simple to use devices for point of care diagnostics, resource-limited settings and alike. Employing liposomes in this format allows for the visual detection of as little as 1 fmol of RNA.
- Edwards, K.A., Baeumner, A.J. “Liposome-enhanced Lateral-flow Assays for the Sandwich-Hybridization Detection of RNA” Book chapter in “Biosensors and Biodetection: Methods and Protocols volume 2” Humana Press Books and Journals, Editors Avraham Rasooly, Keith E. Herold, pp. 185 - 215 (2009), DOI: 10.1007/978-1-60327-569-9_13
- Connelly, J.T., Nugen, S.R., Borejsza-Wysocki, W., Durst, R.A., Montagna, R.A., Baeumner, A.J. “Human Pathogenic Cryptosporidium species bioanalytical detection method with single oocyst detection capability”, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry Issue cover vol. 391 (2), pp. 487 – 495 (2008), DOI: 10.1007/s00216-008-1967-2
- Baeumner, A.J., Leonard, B., McElwee, J., Montagna, R.A. “A Rapid Biosensor for Viable B. anthracis Spores” Analytical Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 380 (1), p. 15 – 23 (2004), DOI: 10.1007/s00216-004-2726-7
- Zaytseva, N.V., Montagna, R.A., Lee, E.M., Baeumner, A.J. “Multi-Analyte Single-Membrane Biosensor for Serotype Specific Detection of Dengue Virus” Analytical Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 380 (1), p. 46 – 53 (2004), DOI: 10.1007/s00216-004-2724-9
- Baeumner, A.J., Cohen, R.N., Miksic, V., Min, J.H. “RNA Biosensor for the Rapid Detection of Viable Escherichia coli in Drinking Water” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 8 (4) pp. 405 – 419 (2003), https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12604258