Go to content
Sprache ändern Selected language is English
UR Home


Finding accommodation certainly is one of the most important topics for all new international students.

Although Regensburg has many student residences (from the university and private ones) and many private student rooms, it is always difficult to find an inexpensive accommodation when you are new in a city.

The university cannot garantee you a room in one of its student resideces. For this reason, it is absolutley necessary that you show initiative and look for a room on your own on the private market.

The International Office helps you to find a room with lists of useful addresses. WE collaborate with several housing organizations like the Studentenwerk Niederbayern/Oberpfalz, the Protestant Alumneumsstiftung, the Bezirk Oberpfalz, and the Katholischer Wohnungsbau und Siedlungswerk der Diözese Regensburg. More information on finding a room you will receive on the following pages.

Students with German nationality and "Bildungsinländer" (students with German Abitur, but not necessarily German nationality) who are interested in renting a room in student residences of the Studentenwerk Niederbayern/Oberpfalz need to contact the Studentenwerk directly.

Information on the processing of personal data between Studentenwerk Niederbayern/Oberpfalz and the University of Regensburg can be found here. (Please note that this information leaflet is available in German only).


Broadcasting fees - information for tenants

Every household has to pay a television and radio licence fee for public servie broadcasting, the so called "Rundfunkbeitrag" (former "GEZ"). It is not important whether you have devices for receiving those public service programmes. Every household is being charged with a fixed rate of 17,50 euro per month (as of August 2019).

Students in Student Residences: Everyone in student accommodation needs to pay the fees.

Students in shared houses or living with their partner: Only one of you needs to register and pay the broadcasting fees. You need to decide among each other how to share the costs.

Detail information you can find on the webpage of the "Rundfunkbeitrag" (also some information available in English and other languages).

  1. UR International


Melanie Steindl
Information and advice on accommodation for international students
Melanie Steidl Bild

Office hours (room V. 0.16):

Mon + Fr: 09:30-11:30 am

Tue + Thu: 01:30-03:30 pm